Sunday, August 24, 2008

Clearing Junk Emails before Starting Work

Organization or Procrastination? Several readers have written to me that they start their work day by deleting junk emails before they start their real work. I work the same way but I am not sure if this is the most effective way to work.

Why do I work this way? Two reasons that I can think of …
1. I end up with a cleaner Inbox when I start my work
2. I end up delaying my real work emails for a little bit longer.

Let's face it. Some of those work emails take time … and sometimes they're just plain boring … it's not what I want to do … so I'll just spend some time tidying up first and then… will you look at that … time for a cup of tea… I have had a busy morning.

The Bad News … those work emails are still there... waiting!

A week ago I asked you ... what are your one or two biggest obstacles to getting through your emails. I am almost finished compiling your feedback and will release a FREE report on some solutions to overcoming email overload in the next few days. If you haven't done so already, register here to get notified when the report is released.

No comments: