Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Printing Blank Calendars from Outlook

It is almost the end of August... 4 more months to the end of the year. I have been working with my team on planning our main projects for the rest of the year. The discussion process was much easier with a pencil, an eraser and a blank printed calendar for each remaining month of the year.

Here's how you can print out blank monthly calendars from Outlook.

Create a new Calendar Folder
  • Go to your Inbox.
  • Click File-New-Folder to display the New Folder Dialog
  • Enter a suitable name (I used Temp)
  • Change Folder Contains to Calendar Items
  • Select a folder where you want the new Calendar to be created. (I selected the Deleted Items folder. I am only going to use this folder for printing i.e. I am not going to enter any real appointments in it)
View the new Folder
  • On the main menu click Go-Folder List.
  • Select the Folder from where you created it (under Deleted Items for me)
  • Click File-Print
  • Change the Print Style to Monthly
  • Change the Date Range to the range you want to print.
  • Click Preview
  • Click Print
If you created the folder in the Deleted Items folder, you're done. Otherwise you need to delete the Temp calendar folder that you created.

Does this tip work for you. Do you have other better methods. Tell me what you think by leaving a comment on the blog.

5 comments:

glenn edwards said...

I don't understand why you are making it so difficult. I go to Outlook, Open calebdar and hit print it then promts you as to size and shape and time frame and it prints beutifully

Richard said...

I think Glenn may have missed the point that this is a blank calender.
I entered a date range of 31st Aug to 27th Sep and two pages printed showing the whole of Aug & Sep, whereas I expected a single page showing only the weeks of interest. If only whole months are printed, what's the point of selecting the date range using the day?

Sanjay Singh said...

Glen... the steps are to print a blank Calendar. My own Outlook Calendar is FULL of things and would not be useful for planning at a higher level with the rest of the team.

Richard... as you found out, the monthly calendar prints full calendar months. Selecting dates worked for me because I wanted to print the next 4 months... on 4 seperate pages.

GZS said...

Sanjay, I'm glad you're past your pneumonia bout. This is great to have avail to jot quick appts w/out opening Outlook 07. Just today I've been trying to find a desktop-type calendar and wondered if out '07 cal can be configured w/out opening entirely. Thanks,
Georgia

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this useful post the same technique can be used for folder printing after a little modification in the above defined method.