Monday, July 21, 2008

Human-Friendly Power Searches in Outlook 2007

Did you know that Outlook let's you refine your searches using human-friendly "English" words. The following examples will get you started ...

If I want to find all emails that were sent by James Raman, I just need to type the following into the Search Box...
From: James Raman



If I want to find all emails with the word Rugby anywhere in the subject, I just have to type the following in the Search Box...
Subject: Rugby

If I want to find all emails with the word Rugby in the Subject that were sent by James Raman, I just have to type the following in the Search Box...
From: James Raman and Subject:Rugby

I can even refine this further to something like...
From: James Raman and Subject:Rugby and To:Sanjay

Other tags that you can use include BCC and CC.

This simple technique has greatly reduced the time it takes me to find emails. I hope you find it useful.

Do you have any other Search tricks that you find useful. Share it with other readers by leaving a comment on the blog.

Related Tips:
Fixing Search Problems in Outlook 2007

No comments: