Thursday, June 25, 2009

Outlook To Do Lists for the Disorganized: Use Emails instead of Tasks

Need to make sure that you get something done… EMAIL YOURSELF! This works much better for me then putting it on a Task List. Why? Like many people my Inbox acts as my real (or at least more immediate) Task List.

Here are some ways to get the most out of this super easy tip.

1.
Basic Way: Just Email yourself when you need to remember to do something.

2.
Need to follow up on an email that you are sending out to a client: BCC yourself on the email and a copy will end up in your Inbox.

3.
From your BlackBerry or other email-enabled phone: This is my FAVOURITE. It means that I can update my To Do List from anywhere… I'm at the supermarket and remember that I need to call a client on Monday… easy… I create and send a email from my phone… and I can get back to chasing my 4 year old down the candy aisle.

Did you find this tip useful? Do you have your own creative ways of applying this tip. Leave a comment on the blog.

Other blog for this week:
Make sure the Subject of your email is right for the recipient

No comments: