Monday, October 29, 2007

Saving to Drafts vs Automatic Delay

We recently launched a new Outlook addon, SendGuard 4Outlook. During our morning walk I tried to explain SendGuard's Automatic Delay feature to my wife … to which she replied … sounds like a waste of time to me … why not just save it to the Drafts folder and then send it when you are ready.

Waste of Time???? Now that I have cooled off, I hope that this post will make the benefits of Automatic Delay clearer to my wife (and to any others who may be wondering why they should bother)

What is Automatic Delay?
SendGuard 4Outlook can automatically delay all emails (or selected emails or emails to selected addresses) for a preset time. This means that after you click Send on an email, it will sit in your Outbox for the preset time before getting sent out.

Why Automatic Delay?
Have you ever written an overly sentimental or aggressive email that you wished you could call back?

I have … and most times I realised it within a few seconds of the email being sent. Within a few seconds of the email going out I think …. What have I done???

Saving to Drafts vs Automatic Delay
My wife is absolutely right. You could save your email to the drafts folder and then send it out later.

The reality however is that this is not the way most people work. We write our emails, click Send and move on to the next email.

Even if we changed our method of working, we would then need to remember to go to the Drafts folder periodically to send out all our unsent email(s).

With Automatic Delay … the emails get sent out automatically … unless you change your mind.

What else does SendGuard do?
Automatic Delay is only one of the ways in which SendGuard protects you. SendGuard will:

* Warn you if you forgot to attach a file to an email
* Warn you if you try and send an email with an empty subject
* Warn you if you clicked Reply (instead of Reply-to-All)
* Warn you if you clicked Reply-to-All (instead of Reply)
* Ensure that you use the correct email account for each person you communicate with.

INTRODUCTORY DISCOUNT
As part of our launch Save 25% if you purchase SendGuard 4Outlook before October 31st.

No comments: