Monday, October 13, 2008

More Outlook Keyboard Shortcuts

Last week I wrote about 5 keyboard shortcuts that I use often in Outlook. Many readers came back with several others that I found useful. Here is my updated list of Essential Keyboard Shortcuts for Outlook.

CTRL-SHIFT-I: Go to Inbox
CTRL-SHIFT-O: Go to Outbox
CTRL-SHIFT-M: Create a new email
CTRL-SHIFT-K: Create a new Task
CTRL-SHIFT-A: Create a new Appointment
CTRL-SHIFT-C: Create a new Contact (Doesn't work in my Outlook 2007)
CTRL-SHIFT-F: Find
CTRL-ENTER: Send an email
CTRL-F: Forward message
CTRL-R: Reply to message
CTRL-SHIFT-R: Reply to all
CTRL-P: Print
CTRL-G: Go to a date on the calendar (need to be looking at your calendar first)

Hope you find these useful. If you haven't done so already, don't forget to read our article on
MISLEADING & INACCURATE SUBJECT LINES.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Many of these shortcuts can be made even shorter by using the ALT key instead of CTRL+SHFT. Basically ALT plus any letter you see underlined on a menu bar, etc. So:

ALT R = Reply
ALT L = Reply to ALL
ALT W = Forward
ALT S = Send

These are ones I use all the time. I'm sure there are others.